Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Schedule: Day 1

I tried my hand at a schedule this morning. Worked wonderfully! I felt in control of my kids, and was not pulled in five different directions trying to accomplish them all at the same time. I got up and had quiet time before anyone else was awake. A feat I have been praying about for almost my entire Christian life. I got to listen to a sermon, and take notes, and found some wonderful passages to meditate on. We played at a friends house for two hours and left at an appropriate time, not when everyone was melting down. When we got home the boys had quiet reading time wile Laila and I made lunch. That's right, I said that my two and four year old boys read quietly by themselves wile Laila and I made lunch. During lunch I sat with the kids and we memorized the seven days of creation. I wasn't making phone calls, trying to clean, or accomplish anything else wile they where at the table. I wasn't yelling at them to stay seated, be quiet, and finish eating. After everyone was finished we washed up, then cleaned the kitchen and table. I had fifteen minuets of reading with them before nap time, which they loved! I sent Laila to her room to do thirty minuets of quiet reading time and had planned on sitting with the boys for at least that time so they would fall asleep. They where asleep in twelve minuets!!!! Hallelujah! I am now enjoying my computer time.
Today is like a whole new life. I know that it will not always run this smooth, and I know we have character development to work on that will not change over night, but to go from the Mom yesterday who was frazzled and hopeless to a Mom who is in control and accomplishing results is a great feeling.
Now to finish my schedule and continue on this new path of redirection...

No comments:

Post a Comment