Friday, August 12, 2011

That Was Two Weeks???

I did fairly well, for those three days! Ha! It has already been two weeks since my last post, and what a two weeks it has been. We did family portraits with my husbands two brothers, their families, and his parents. We cleaned, started our first year of homeschooling, embraced our friends as they received life changing news, and rejoiced with other friends who welcomed their first gift from God. Whew! We also decide to move the birth of our fourth out of the birth center and into our home! More details on that later. This last month has flown by, yet I have cherished it more then any other I have had as a parent. My kids are awesome! I really like them! It sounds funny because of course I should like my kids. I think most people assume that about their own children. I think the reality is more that we love our children like we love our pestering little brother. They are family, so we really only tolerate them. The signs that children are a burden more then a joy are all around us. It is acceptable to make a comment like "Your not having any more are you?" to a perfect stranger, like they are smoking a cigarette, but it would still be considered rude to say that to someone over weight who is enjoying a meal in a public place. Our children have the status of cigarettes!!! I'm not saying my children are without the need for some character development, but they are children, not some toxin in the air polluting our planet. I have found myself reading more about God centered families, how they live, and the blessing they have received by living for Him and not for the world. I have shut off the TV and started to center my time around serving my family, not serving myself or the perceptions of others. The change I have seen in these last few weeks are AMAZING! My kids are playing together, keeping their rooms picked up and beds made, they are doing chores, serving each other, and just so slightly starting to be manageable at the store. I have gotten so much done around the house. I can clean out rooms, drawers, and cupboards, make meals, and even spend a little time reading. I have even seen my husband change. The atmosphere in our home has gone from tense to fun. Instead of being tired and irritated by the noise and disobedience of the children, we are both enjoying their company (for the most part). We still have a lot to work on. I have very obvious character issues with my young children that needs to be worked on immediately! I still need to finish my schedule and stick to it. I have a bathroom full of boxes that need to be sorted and moved, and a garage that needs to be cleaned out and reordered. It may be the nesting, but I can feel the need to utilize this wonderful space that God has given us, and make it functional for our growing family. We are taking it one day at a time...or sometimes two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment